CultureSpots is for museums and galleries that want to provide their visitors with a fulfilling mobile audio tour experience, but don’t want any of the
hassleand expense. We provide a beautiful, brand-able, lightly customizable mobile Web solution hosted in the cloud that your visitors will love!
How does CultureSpots do that?
- We created a platform that is not only extremely easy to use, but will make even your most technology-phobic colleagues feel comfortable and confident using it in no time.
- There is no waiting time for you to begin using CultureSpots. We usually have you up and running within hours of subscribing so that you can immediately start creating tours, uploading content and making it all available to your visitors just as quickly as you can point and click.
- Optional premium services: If you need extra help in any way, we are here to lend a professional hand and take over of as much or as little of the work as you wish.
- Customer Service: This is one of our proudest differentiators. We are a small, but passionate team of art and culture-loving technology pros, but most importantly flesh and bone human beings with a genuine desire to be at your service. We aim to not only satisfy you with our support, but to give you the real sense that you have someone you can trust backing you up. Because you do.
- We leverage the comfort-level and familiarity that your visitors already have with their own smartphones to quickly access and enjoy your mobile audio tours.
- Your visitors aren’t burdened with having to download and/or pay for yet another throw-away app. CultureSpots is free to use by anyone anywhere and ready on demand.
- CultureSpots is laser-focused on one thing: audio. Not video or photo galleries. Not one-off mobile websites, custom-built native apps, confusing content-licensing or proprietary hardware devices. Instead, your audio, presented beautifully, on your visitors smartphones.
- We aim to not only help you engage your visitors more richly, but to help you uncover and share the many layers of stories and anecdotes behind everything your visitor encounters.
About Cliff Stevens, Founder, President/CEO – Cliff is a Center City Philadelphia-based entrepreneur who began his technology career in 1998 as a Database Conversions Specialist for Blackbaud, and continued on into various technology roles in a string of Internet companies including Home Account, Inc., BidTrac, Inc. and Apartment Solutions, Inc.. In 2004, he founded his own technology business, MyOwnITGuy, Inc., focused on developing proprietary Web-based software products including MyMatchTime.com and EverySAPJob.com and providing clients with custom software technology development, onsite support and staffing services in The IT Staffing Company. Following an interim role as Director of Technology Connectors for the Arts & Business Council of Greater Philadelphia in 2008-2009, Cliff conceived and launched the location-based mobile audio technology startup Lokadot, LLC, which enabled the research, development and proof of concept that eventually gave birth to CultureSpots. Cliff is passionately forging new ground with CultureSpots by working to break down all the barriers to rapid adoption of mobile audio tours by small and midsize museums and galleries everywhere.
Veruschka Stevens (Chief Marketing Officer)
Veruschka's eye for design, digital marketing and online communications expertise plays a key role in positioning CultureSpots for continuing growth, community building and client success. And with a Masters Degree in Software Systems Engineering from RWTH Aachen University in Germany, and career experience as an SAP software systems consultant for Price Waterhouse Coopers, and SAP Systems Engineer and Project Manager for FMC Corporation, Veruschka is expertly-equipped for contributing to CultureSpots continuing software technology innovation and technical project management as well. Veruschka is also the Founder & Principal in her own jewelry design company, VeruDesigns, LLC - http://verudesigns.com
Chris Tonkinson (Chief Technology Officer)
Chris Tonkinson is an entrepreneur and technologist with over a decade of success in application development, project management, and cross-disciplinary collaboration. His adroit combination of creative problem solving and robust oral and written communication skills have benefited a range of organizations from small web startups to international corporations in both policy and operations. Chris is also Associate Director, Software Engineering at Gorman Health Group, and was Co-founder of Forge Software, the company CultureSpots contracted to build out its technology platform.
Neville Vakharia is assistant professor and research director in Drexel's graduate arts administration program, teaching courses in management, strategic planning and entrepreneurship. His research focuses on technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship in the arts, cultural, and creative sector. He joined Drexel after overseeing the operations, expansion and strategic direction of the Cultural Data Project (CDP) at The Pew Charitable Trusts. - http://www.drexel.edu/westphal/contact/directory/VakhariaNeville/